Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE)
Are you a female entrepreneur determined to revolutionise your industry? Are you so passionate about a social issue that you are driven to action? Is your passion so intense it has taken a life of its own? Apply for the AWE (Academy for Women Entrepreneurs) Program and turn your passion into a sustainable enterprise!
AWE (Academy for Women Entrepreneurs) is a six-month structured program geared toward all women from across Zimbabwe. You’ll gain the skills, tools and support needed to grow your business . You’ll also have access to local experts to help you develop a solid business model.
Program Outline (exact dates to be confirmed):
- August 2019 :
- Week 33 - Kickoff Session: Starting and Exploring your dream!
- Week 35 - Planning your Dream!
- September 2019
- Week 37 - Making your Dream!
- Week 39 - Marketing Your Dream!
- October 2019:
- Week 41 - Pricing your Dream
- Week 43 - Selling your Dream
- November 2019:
- Week 45 - Managing Your Dream
- Week 47 - Profiting from Your Dream
- December 2019:
- Week 49 -
- Keeping Track of your Dream
- Funding your Dream
- Week 49 -
- January 2020:
- Week 3 - Formalising Your Dream
- Week 5 - Turning Your Dream into a reality
- February 2020:
- Week 6 - Graduation and Pitch Day
Who can apply for the AWE Program?
This Program is open to women who:
- Are citizens and/or residents of Zimbabwe
- Are 18 years of age and above;
- Are running a small company or business.
- What qualities should a successful applicant embody?
While each applicant is unique and will be different, successful candidates will be those who can demonstrate:
- An unwavering commitment to their company / business;
- Ability to attend the fortnightly sessions in either Harare, Bulawayo, Gweru and Mutare:
- An ability to be an independent problem solver; and
- A positive track record of leadership.
- What are bootcamp participants expected to do?
If you are selected to participate in the program, we expect that you will:
- Attend all workshops (mandatory attendance);
- Complete all fortnightly assignments in a timely fashion;
- Read the provided course or training materials on the DreamBuilder platform;
- Personal commitment to sustaining your business after the program ends.
Participants are required to attend all fortnightly sessions. Please submit your applications by the 8th of July 2019.